Recently, I was interviewed by Emma Franklin Bell and Anna Massie for The Ladies Lounge podcast. In the interview I shared the story of how I built my business from nothing in the sunroom of my apartment and how I got to where I am today.
It didn’t entirely begin in that small sunroom – it began when I woke up one day and decided to walk out of a well-paid job that I disliked to do the thing I wanted to do the most - start my own business. Despite it possibly being the biggest mistake of my life, my intuition was telling me that I simply had to do it.
This interview helped me to reflect back to those days when I first had to overcome the challenges of starting my own business.
One thing to remember is that overcoming challenges is never an easy thing to do, but it is important to keep a positive mindset when they start to become overwhelming.
The five most crucial things I recommended to Emma and Anna to achieve success, not only in your career but also as an individual, included:
- Understand your personal brand and abilities and be able to accurately describe exactly who you are in this world and what it is you want do
- Stand in your spotlight and not be afraid of sharing your stories with others
- Build resilience and take good care of yourself as well as others
- Network and build relationships in the most honest and genuine way
- Everything you do should be done with compassion and kindness.
Listen to the podcast below.
The podcast highlights include:
- Having intuition
- Overcoming challenges
- The importance of personal branding and understanding yourself
- How sharing your stories with others can be helpful
- Building resilience
- Networking and building relationships
Enjoy the podcast!
From Unknown To Expert
Fast track your journey from unknown to a recognised expert and thought leader! Buy Catriona’s book From Unknown To Expert: How to use clever PR and social media to become a recognised expert. Accelerate your personal brand with the Unknown To Expert Acceleration Pack, packed with media lists, blogger lists, blog posts and media releases formats which have generated millions of dollars in coverage, more than 73 templates and so much more.