I had a great Google Hangout with Alli Price from Motivating Mum on my book From Unknown to Expert as well as tips on personal brand building and raising your profile.
You can watch the full hangout here:
This was a particularly interesting interview for anyone who:
- Wants to position themself as an expert in their field
- Wants to land more speaking opportunities
- Wants to learn how to use social media effectively
- Wants to reach their target audience more efficiently and faster
- Wants to learn tips about networking and relationship building
In the Google Hangout, I shared my journey of going from someone relatively unknown in my field to a recognised expert, as well as gave advice for anyone who is hoping to do the same.
I shared these tips in the Hangout:
- It’s no longer enough to be good at what you do; you also have to be good at telling people what you do.
- Every organisation has a story to tell: they can be personal stories or professional stories as long as they let people know who you are and what you do.
- There is legwork to be done—you can’t become an expert overnight. I outline the five stages of preparation that need to be done to go from unknown to expert.
- Promote yourself as a speaker. Don’t wait for amazing opportunities to come your way, go out there and make them happen and put yourself forward.
From Unknown To Expert
Fast track your journey from unknown to a recognised expert and thought leader! Buy Catriona’s book From Unknown To Expert: How to use clever PR and social media to become a recognised expert. Accelerate your personal brand with the Unknown To Expert Acceleration Pack, packed with media lists, blogger lists, blog posts and media releases formats which have generated millions of dollars in coverage, more than 73 templates and so much more.