Stepping away from the computer, getting changed out of your house clothes (or your pyjamas!), and having the opportunity to have intelligent conversations with people in a similar situation is hugely powerful.
I find that after a great networking session I often walk away feeling more empowered and validated.
When you meet others that share your enthusiasm it can help restore your own vision and passion. And that can only be good for building your personal brand and business.
How are you going with your networking? Is it still on the ‘to do’ list or are you a confident networker building relationships all over town?
If it’s still on your ‘to do’ list, I’m throwing out a challenge.
Here are 7 things you can start doing today!
- Reach out to someone you want to have as a contact and ask them to catch up for coffee
- Find a networking event you want to attend, and go alone
- Find 10 new people who you want to build connections with and add them on LinkedIn
- Spend 1 hour thinking about who you are, what you stand for, what value you offer and what you want to achieve by building your personal brand
- Based on your objectives, spend 1 hour drafting your personal brand statement, explaining what you do and what is unique about you
- Get out of your house clothes (or pyjamas!) and attend a networking event
- Reconnect with old contacts who you haven’t spoken with in a while
Fast track your journey from unknown to a recognised expert and thought leader! Buy Catriona’s book From Unknown To Expert: How to use clever PR and social media to become a recognised expert. Accelerate your personal brand with the Unknown To Expert Acceleration Pack, packed with media lists, blogger lists, blog posts and media releases formats which have generated millions of dollars in coverage, more than 73 templates and so much more.